President Muhammadu Buhari has said only those with integrity and interest of Nigeria will be considered in the next cabinet.
He also promised to appoint more women and youth during his second tenure, acknowledging the “significant role” they played toward his re-election.
While the leading opposition candidate, Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, is challenging the outcome of the 2019 presidential polls, Buhari has since been announcing his plans for the second tenure.
The president had earlier said that his next four years in office as Nigeria’s leader will be tough.
Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to the President, had also revealed that Buhari will likely dissolve his cabinet before his May 29 swearing-in.
While speaking at a dinner organized by All Progressives Congress (APC) women and youth organised to celebrate his re-election, on Saturday, Buhari assured that his administration would not disappoint them.
He explained that more fertilizers were being made available to Nigerian farmers at a lower rate, adding that this has resulted in an increase in agricultural production and reduction in food importation.
Buhari also called on Nigerian youth to embrace agriculture to ensure more food sufficiency and food export.
He again faulted the 16-year rule of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) which he said, “wasted the nation’s resources”.
According to him, the country witnessed “rampant infrastructure decay” in spite of the huge resources earned during the period.